Ocho Rios, which means eight rivers, is a pretty resort town whose main attraction are the stunning waterfalls. Then there are the beautiful beaches and interesting colonial-period buildings that are well worth a visit. Ocho Rios boasts of one of Jamaica's most famous tourist attractions, the Dunn's RiverFalls.
The popularity of Ocho Rios as a major tourist destination in Jamaica can also be attributed to the fact that it is conveniently located from all the major towns in Jamaica. In fact, Ocho Rios is the only town in Jamaica that borders five of the island's most interesting parishes. Given the large number of tourists who flock here, there is a wide array of accommodations available, including Jamaica rentals perfect for all tastes and budgets. These apartments are situated amidst breathtakingly beautiful surroundings and provide convenient access to some of Jamaica’s most sought after attractions, some of which are:
• Dunn's River Falls: The Dunn's River cascades over the rock terraces and results in the beautiful falls. You can climb up the stepping stones leading to the water fall and frolic in the waters.
• Dolphin Cove: You can enjoy a fun filled day swimming with the dolphins. This is without doubt one of the premier attractions in Jamaica.
• Fishing and boating: The beach at Island Village is relatively undeveloped and is perfect for soaking in the sun and lazing away the hours. If you are looking for something more adventurous, the beach also offers a full range of activities.
• Prospect Plantation: Go horseback riding to discover the scenic trail or simply enjoy the tour of this working plantation.
• Green Grotto Caves: These historic caves are well worth a visit. There is a crystal-clear lake at the bottom between Discovery and Runaway Bays. It is believed that the first Jamaicans, the Arawak Indians found shelter here.
If you are planning a trip to Jamaica, you can consider setting base in Silver Sands, Jamaica that provide quality accommodation at the most affordable costs.